Monday, September 15, 2008

My weekend

HI everyone! I had a great weekend in Keremeos. Our visit was not long enough, but Shirley and I had a great Saturday cruising around in her Element. We first visited her friend Peggy ("Hi"Peggy) We saw all her beautiful flowers, gardens, and of course her fruit trees. It was a great time taking pictures. I think I managed to take over a hundred at her place!! She also gave me a sun warmed peach right off the tree.... it was soo good. Then we hit a few fruit stands and managed to fit in coffee and an icecream. Yummm. Then we went to the river and looked for rocks and took a few pictures there too. Was so beautiful. So was a great weekend. It's so nice visiting my sister...can I say that she is a great host! Her husband Ron is always up for a good laugh and also deep conversations...which I like. Also she is on the same page as me as far as having good coffee and sitting outside and taking it easy in the morning. Her breakfasts are always hearty and my husband gets spoiled there.
Our drive home was good too and we toured around Princeton and Merritt and took all the back routes home. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the scenery was breath taking. I just wish my husband wouldn't drive like he was in a Nascar race....I don't know why he thinks we have to pass everything our way??. Oh well we made it home in one piece and already I am back to the same old routine. Mowed lawns today and caught up on laundry. Tomorrow it is canning tomatoes from Peggy's.....

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I miss you!!!!
You can't even tell that is my "eye" looking between the leaves....oops...
Yes I was busy today too. Ron made me help him wash and wax the Element. Nice and shiny now. Were still eating the leftovers. Think tomorrow I will actually have to cook something. The corn is SO good...the ones that you left. Thanks!

Pati said...

I miss you too....you can hit the pic and it will get big!?
I am doing tomatoes today....eep.