Thursday, August 28, 2008

What is this blog thing anyways.

Helloooo out there....
Well, we finally did it! Our first posts! "Hi Mom". "Hi" hubby, son (maybe?), daughter... Cool we have a few readers.
So we have been talking about this for awhile now, Shirley and I. Once you start to think about actually writing a blog, your life takes on a whole new meaning. For example: Today I picked flowers for my house, and as I walked through the garden it was almost like a bad Martha Stewart show. I had this running dialog in my head. I could blog about my garden, I thought as I strolled through the flowers.....I could do a fancy little blog about picking a bouquet and how I like to us only two colors...Haha. Or that I started them all from seed, and have some witty tutorial on color theory. You see I do read alot of blogs, and mostly I am attracted to design ones. I do like to decorate but have no training in it...I do it for me. Anyways the blogs I do read tend to have youngish thirty somethings, blogging about how they have reuphostered their EBay finds in some "KWID" garden trellis fabric....God I have material envy....So I guess a part of me has blog envy. I read a blog just today in fact...it was Decor8 interviewing Ez from Creature Comforts. Great interview but they did talk about the "popularity club" of blogging and it's true I think. The ones I read they seem to be all linked to each other. Part of me wishes to be as good and as talented as them....the fact is I am insecure, and I want everyone to like me. I want to be witty and I want to have EBay finds that are cool.....So there I was, wandering in the garden not living in the moment but thinking of how I could write and sound like one of "those" bloggers. I mean Ez did have wonderful points about staying true to yourself...so I guess here I am trying to be true to myself... I am not Martha, I am not a hip, fashion wearing designer...I am me. I am trying to be okay with that, and just writing from my heart. It took me so long to write this first post just for the fact that my Header had to at least look like I know how to use Photoshop.....gaaaaak Just ask Shirley....(yes my older sister does ride my ass). She knows me more than I do myself sometimes and pointed out I had to have it "perfect". Ya I feel I do, but I'm going to really try to just be me. If any of my sheshepoopoo bloggers ever do say HI I will try to respond as an equal....as just me............... and scream and dance and fall down crying.....
Ok I am now done. My heart is beating fast!!!. All I have to do is hit PUBLISH POST....Okay maybe I should reread it again......I didn't do this in "word" and then paste it in here...Like Shirrleeyyy..... Oh well here it is ...spelling and punctuation mistakes and all....

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Yep I'm the older sister and I do cut and paste.....not like my younger sister who plans for months. She is so talented and so savvy with everything that all family getting anything new has to get it "Pati approved".....she just hates that.
I think this first Blog of hers is "Shirey approved"
Your biggest fan!

Pati said...

Aww thanks Shirl...blush blush